Client : Abu Dhabi Sewerage Services Company
Consultant : CANSULT Maunsell Limited / AECOM
Value : AED 162.5 Million
Duration : June 2008 – December 2010
Location : Abu Dhabi
The contract O-1191 covers the construction of Sewerage Schemes for various areas in Abu Dhabi. Al Shawamekh, Al Shahama, Al Sader A, Al Falah and Shamkha.
Around 29 km of pipe lines including the construction of 879 manholes & chambers and the interconnections of 72 no. to existing networks.
The pipes installation has been carried out either by open trench method or by micro tunnelling (NDM).
• Al Shawamekh Area : Supply and installation of 3,300 m of gravity sewer networks. UPVC and GRP pipes of various diameters (160 mm to 225 mm) are installed
• Al Shahama Area : Supply and installation of 1,600 m of gravity sewer networks. Pipes diameters range between 160 mm and 280 mm
• Al Bahya Area : Supply and installation of 9,900 m of gravity sewer networks. Pipes diameters range between 160 mm and 280 mm
• Al Sader ‘A’ Area : Supply and installation of 11,800 m of gravity sewer networks. Pipes diameters vary between 160 mm and 300 mm. In this area NBHH had completed also two pumping stations of 10.0 l/s capacity 14.6.m TDH and 11.3 l/s capacity with 19.6 m TDH
• Trunk Sewer of Falah and Shamkha Area, Stage 3:
– Construction of approximately 2.3 km of 1,000 mm diameter Trunk Sewer main
– Dismantling and demolishing the existing pumping station, including termination of all utility services and recovery of all mechanical, electrical and instrumentation installation/ equipment and deliver to ADSSC stores
– Demolishing of approximately 350 m length existing 1,000 mm diameter gravity pipeline
The underground works in these areas are challenging due to the underground cavities that require the control of a huge and unpredictable water flow. The project includes the construction of two pumping stations, complete with all related electro mechanic works.
In addition to the original contract many variation orders had increased the original scope and had included:
• Creation of new sewerage connection for plot nbr. 19 A at (MW-5) in Mussafah
• Flow capacity enhancement at sector W-21 in Abu Dhabi
• Sewer Network for Private Villas in Plot no. 100 Sector E 48
• Securing MPS 16 in East Bani Yas